Wednesday, February 13, 2013

IB Film Oral Assessment - Psycho (1960)


For my IB Oral on a five minute extract from Hitchcock's Psycho (1960), I feel I deserved a 17. I really felt I could have done so much better on this assessment. The parts I struggled on were really finding a deeper, analytical interpretation of my extract. At the time I chose my extract, I did not realize how hard it would be to analyze the deeper meaning behind the scene. I had a lot of trouble trying to find real good information to bring into my oral. It also was really hard to figure out where to start because this is the first time that I have ever done an assessment like this. At some point I choked up and had a lot of pauses to think. After awhile, I felt that I starting just rambling, which is exactly what I did not want to do. I was nervous and probably should have better prepared for this. Next time I will do a better preplan and practice what i'm going to say more than I did.

1 comment:

  1. A good first attempt! As you've seen it's not easy! Preparing your thoughts and organization are critical. You do an excellent job of providing background context for the film that helps explain why the film is significant. I agree that the choice of your extract might have been a bit hard to analyze because it was not a critical moment in the narrative and was still developing the Marion plot line. Think about your opening description of the film and then identify a scene that shows it. You did a good job of using film language. Good work!

    ReplyDelete